- Be sure your shovel has a curved handle, use plastic blade vs. metal blade
- Warm up your muscles before start shoveling. e.g. You can stretch your back and legs
- Push the snow when you can
- If you have to lift the snow. Squat with your legs apart, knees and hips bent and back straight. Lift with your legs. Scoop small amounts of snow into the shovel and walk to where you want to dump it. Do not twist the back and throw the snow!
- Never throw the snow over your shoulder
Pace yourself by taking frequent breaks and if you experience pain stop immediately!!!